Setting Up Your Author Central Account
To set up your account and reap all the benefits associated with marketing your book through Author Central, follow these steps:
- Go to https://authorcentral.amazon.co.uk/ and click Join Now.
- Enter your e-mail address
and password and click Sign in using our secure
- If you have an Amazon.co.uk account, sign in with the e-mail address and password you use on that account.
- If you do not have an existing Amazon.co.uk account, select No, I am a new customer. You will be prompted to enter the necessary information.
- Read the Author Central’s Terms and Conditions, and then click Agree to accept them.
- Enter the name your books are written under. A list of possible book matches appears.
- Select any one of your books. If your book is not in the list, you can search for it by title or ISBN. The book you select must be available for purchase on the Amazon.co.uk website. Selecting the book creates the account.
- When you receive the confirmation e-mail we send, confirm your e-mail address and identity.
We may contact your publishers to verify your identity, for example, by confirming your e-mail address with them. If you've signed in with a different e-mail address than the one your publisher is familiar with, contact them with this information so they can quickly approve you. Other than for confirmation of your identity, your customer information, such as product reviews or purchase history, remains private.
While you're waiting for approval, you still can use some of Author Central's features. For example, you can add or edit a photo or biography. We hold your content until verification is complete. Other updates, such as making changes to the books listed in your bibliography, are not available until you're confirmed.
Verification might take up to seven days. If it’s been longer than seven days, please contact us.
On the Contact Us form:
- Under "Select an issue," select My Account.
- Under "Select details," select I'm not approved yet.
- Select how to contact us.